Friday, July 25, 2008

Abasiophilia


Abasiophilia is a psychosexual attraction to people with impaired mobility, especially those who use orthopaedic appliances such as leg braces.
I blame Helmut Newton with his crisp beautiful portraits of Nadja Auermann
in leg braces, a wheel chair and using crutches. When I was a young girl not even a teen I had a preoccupation with high fashion and models and as a result I subscribed to Vogue,Bazaar,W and a host of other high fashion magazines. In an issue of vogue there were Mr. Newton's photographs, I was instantly struck by them. There was something exciting about the juxtaposition
of shiny man made steel and a beautiful nature made woman piqued a curious interest in me. Then I saw Crash by Cronenberg and my interest again piqued unabated, The character that rosanna arquette played wore leg braces. The imagery of a beautiful woman whose legs do not work properly excites me for some reason or another.
Some equate abasiohpilia with body integerity identity disorder(Body Integrity Identity Disorder, or BIID, is a psychological condition in which the individual requests an elective amputation or desires a different body image in some other way, for example to be disabled and having to use leg or spinal bracing.)
which while in some instances may be true I do not necessarily feel this is the case in regards to my interests.
I do not want to have anything amputated or want to rely on said appliances but the thought of owning them, wearing them and being photographed in them is exciting.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good to know you're not alone. Embrace your desires and run with them !